First Blog Post

 Hey guys, my name is Casey Worley and I am from the Kansas City area in a place called Shawnee. One day soon, I hope to be going to KU med and a little farther down the road, I want to be a doctor with my own practice. Something I am passionate about is medicine and making connections with others, so that is why being a doctor is the right path for me. There's nothing (I assume) like seeing the smile on a person's face when you tell them they are going to be alright. What fascinates me about evolution is the fact that (I may be wrong here) we have gone from tiny little single-celled organisms to the big ole humans are now. I can't wait to see what we evolve into next. While I might not notice evolution in my daily life, it certainly exists. The ways that humans have evolved from the beginning of human-being-hood affect my life today and the decisions that we make and the environmental factors that push us will affect populations millions of years from now. That is kind of crazy to think about. From this class, I hope to evolve as a student (but at a much faster rate than evolution typically takes place). By this, I mean that I want to become a more inquisitive learner and formulate ideas about evolution that I have never considered before. As a young scientist myself, I want to become in tune with my environment and thoroughly understand why things are the way they are. If I can attempt to do this, I will definitely have a great semester. 

Comments

  1. Hey Casey! Long time, no see. Guess we finally ran into each other outside of Eisenhower! Glad to hear that you're still pursuing your dreams of being a doctor - I think you'll be great! Sounds like you're already primed and ready for this class - inquisitiveness and new ideas are exactly what we hope to promote! Can't wait to see how you adapt and think! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Casey! It sounds like you really like to help people, so I'm sure you'll be a great doctor! I can already tell this class will give you a great opportunity to formulate ideas about evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Casey! I also plan on going to KU med, so I hope to see you there! In my blog post, I also talked about how crazy it is to me that everything started as a single celled organism, and has diversified into all the different species there are today. very interesting to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting read…no doubt, you’ll be an amazing doctor!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Module 6: Inbreeding